A "Print Ready" file is a file that can be printed "As-Is" requiring no PRE-PRESS work.
What is pre-press?
Pre-press is what we call the work required to get an electronic file to print properly. It will include things like:
- Allowing for "BLEEDS"
- Setting proper page size and orientation
- Scaling the image to the proper size
- Compensating for software version differences
- Providing missing fonts
- Compensating for poor quality images
NOTE: You do not need to "multi-up" images. Please just submit a single version of the image to be printed. We have software that does that based on paper size and equipment to be used.
Our rate for pre-press services is $15.00 per quarter hour.
- Our quotes are based on the assumption that files are provided "print ready".
- These charges may be in additon to the quoted price if not specifically included in the quote.
Can I avoid pre-press charges?
Yes, if you provide a "print ready file", there is no pre-press charge.
OK, so what is a print ready file?
A print ready file is a file that we can open and send to our digital press with no file manipulation required.
- It is always best to submit your files in PDF format
- Be sure to save the file as a "Print Quality" PDF
- Be sure to embed fonts and images in your file
- Most images from the internet are low resolution and don't print very well
- For best color reproduction, convert RGB colors to CMYK
Feel free to call first if you have any questions about how your file will print. 724.846.9740